WARD, S.C. (WFXG) - Early Thursday morning, Saluda County's Fire Department responded to a fire on Valpro Road.

Valley's Protein was engulfed in smoke. Several fire trucks and other first responders' vehicles filled the parking lot of the business.  

Emergency management director Josh Morton told FOX54 that they had been out on the scene for hours. 

"...A fire in cooking unit number two. That fire has since migrated to other portions of the plant." Said Josh Morton.

With this information, officials decided that the cause of this fire was grease. It took them over three hours to put the fire out. 

Copyright 2022 WFXG. All rights reserved.