AIKEN COUNTY, SC (WFXG) - The Aiken County Sheriff's Office reported today that so far in 2018, their Narcotics Detention Canine teams have seized drugs, guns and U.S currency estimated at approximately $1,227,519.
In a news release, it was stated that the units continue to have an impact on disrupting the sale and transportation of illegal drugs in Aiken County.
Sheriff Hunt has deployed 7 narcotic detection canine teams.
Since the beginning of 2018, the Narcotic canine teams have either seized or assisted in the seizure the following:
- Approximately 95 pounds of Marijuana (estimated value $857,289)
- Approximately 1.4 oz of Cocaine/Crack (estimated value $1,800)
- Approximately 17 grams of Heroin (estimated value $5,100)
- Approximately 2.5 oz of Methamphetamine (estimated value $2,000)
- Approximately 12,041 douse units of Ecstacy (estimated value $361,230)
- Approximately 2 grams of Molly (estimated value $100)
- 22 guns
- Approximately $58,620.00 of U.S. Currency
Sheriff Michael Hunt is noted in stating: "The Aiken County Sheriff's Office is dedicated to stop the distribution and trafficking of drugs in and through Aiken County."