FORT GORDON, GA (WFXG) - Fort Gordon has partnered with the Georgia Department of Labor to host a hiring fair Tuesday.
The fair runs from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Cyber Fitness Center in gym #5 at Fort Gordon.
The Hiring Fair will be an excellent avenue for transitioning service members, veterans, family members, and all job seekers to meet with employers who are looking to recruit great candidates to join their team. The hiring fair is free and over 75 companies are registered for the event.
Transitioning service members and their spouses are highly encouraged to attend as part of their transition preparation which provides access to employers and to network employment opportunities.
TIPS IN PREPARATION FOR HIRING FAIR:
- Review/Research list of participating companies
- Identify job titles you are interested in
- Look up job descriptions to see if you have the experience and/or training to qualify you for this job (If qualified, apply for the job)
- Make your resume personal and specific to the job (You should have more than one resume)
- Dress for success
- Bring a smile and a positive attitude!