The woman of the 60's monument - 111 Railroad Street Thomson, GA
One of the few monuments in the South that is dedicated to the Confederate woman. In the early 1900's, the local camp of confederate veterans and several other organizations came up with the idea. She was put in place sometime between 1910 and 1920. Is located at the old Railroad Station now used as the McDuffie County Chamber of Commerce. The lady on the monument holds a flag. On the front it reads: "In memory of the women of the sixties and the Confederate Soldiers." "Erected by the Veterans, the U.D.C. and the Woman's Club of Thomson".