BURKE COUNTY, GA (WFXG) - The Greater Augusta Family YMCA has broken ground on its 11th branch facility at 50 Olympic Road in Waynesboro, GA. The 6.3 million dollar facility is set to open Summer of 2019.
This project, in collaboration with the Burke County Board of Commissioners, with support from several other donor organizations, has received financial support from Georgia Power Company, Dalton Utilities, Oglethorpe Power and Ingevity, Inc.
This new facility will provide approximately 40 new jobs as well as seasonal positions.
This YMCA has been in planning for six years and will bring the people of Burke County a 20,000 square foot facility that will include not only a fitness facility but also a water park, as well as the following:
- Large public pool and splash pad
- Perimeter walking trail
- Large multi-purpose field
- Community meeting room
- Spinning theater
- Expresso Virtual bikes
- Group Exercise Rooms
- Boot Camp/CrossFit training
- Personal Training
- Machine and Free Weights areas
- Adapted Selectorize equipment (handicapped)
- Play and Learn child care
- Mother’s Morning Out
- Parent’s Night Out
- Summer Day Camp
- Prime Time after-school program
- Availability for Corporate group memberships