NORTH AUGUSTA, SC (WFXG) - A fire ripped through a home in North Augusta on the afternoon of July 12, leaving three people without housing.
The house has significant smoke, fire and water damage, according to fire officials.
No one was hurt in the fire, and firemen were able to extinguish the flames within ten minutes of arriving.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation, but the Fire Chief said they believe a candle started the blaze.
Joey Smith, Chief of Meriwether Fire Department, said, "People should always be in the same room with a candle and put it out when they leave the room. Candles will burn down, fall down and catch other things on fire."
The Red Cross is offering assistance to the three men who are now displaced.