Voting begins tomorrow in Georgia, and we want you to know what you'll see on the ballot as well as the election votes you'll cast.
Richmond County, you'll see the following:
- Should Calhoun Expressway be renamed Veterans Expressway? One commissioner proposed renaming the expressway to Trump-Calhoun Expressway, a counter-proposal was made to name it Veterans Expressway. The state has to officially change the name but the commission submits their letter of support.
- Should bump stock sales & distribution be prohibited in Georgia? The question of bump stock sales rose after the Las Vegas Massacre and the Richmond County Commission wants your opinion before they propose an idea.
- Should the new James Brown Arena stay Downtown or should it be moved to the Regency Mall location?
- Should Georgia Authorities use federal tax dollars to save rural hospitals? While Richmond County isn't designated as a rural county -- Burke, McDuffie, Jefferson and many others in the surrounding area are. There is one rural health clinic within Richmond County.
- Should the Richmond County Commission maintain Pendleton King Park? The park's future has been uncertain with two trustees attempting to sell to a home builder - but a judge removed those two and picked new trustees - so should the commission be helping to maintain it's status as a park?
- Should Georgia district lines be drawn by an independent commission? District lines are redrawn every ten years - only six states have an independent commission draw district lines: Alaska, Arizona, California, Idaho, Montana, and Washington.
- Should Georgia Authorities invest significant tax dollars in mass transit? Public transportation is an issue the president has said he wants to tackle.
The questions about the arena appear on both Democratic and Republican ballots. The question of the park is on only the Republican ballot. All other questions are only on the Democratic ballot.
Polls are open 7am-7pm. For locations, visit the Georgia My Voter Page to see where you can vote
For Mayor of Augusta
- HARDIE DAVIS (Incumbent)
- GOULD HAGLER
For Augusta Commission District 2
- CLEVELAND GARRISON
- DENNIS WILLIAMS (Incumbent)
For Augusta Commission District 4
- BETTY REECE
- SAMMIE L. SIAS (incumbent)
For Augusta Commission District 6
- BEN HASAN (Incumbent)
- PAUL STERETT
For Augusta Commission District 8
- BRANDON GARRETT
For Augusta Commission District 10
- JOHN CLARKE
- LORI MYLES
SPECIAL ELECTION CITY OF BLYTHE
For City Councilmember (To Fill the Vacancy of Cindy Parham, Resigned)