Electrical short leads to vent fire at North Augusta daycare - WFXG FOX 54 - News Now

Electrical short leads to vent fire at North Augusta daycare

Source: WFXG Source: WFXG
NORTH AUGUSTA, SC (WFXG) -

Fire investigators say the bathroom vents caught fire Wednesday morning at the Childcare Network Schools of Excellence in North Augusta. The school building on Carolina Avenue will be closed for the rest of the day for inspections.

All of the children were evacuated and taken to First Baptist Church of North Augusta on Georgia Avenue. The daycare director says the school will operate out of the church's Family Life Center for the rest of this week.

The fire started just after 8:30 a.m. Fire investigators are blaming the fire on an electrical short.

Copyright 2016 WFXG. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly