AUGUSTA, GA (WFXG) - A natural gas leak on a main line has caused the Augusta Christian School on Baston Road to evacuate.
Emergency officials are actively working to get the leak stopped. They say it was a pretty big leak, but they should have things back to normal shortly. The line was accidently hit as a power pole was being installed.
Business and homes in the area have been evacuated as well for precautionary measures.
Drivers should avoid the area for now, as roads are blocked off due to the incident.