High 5 4 Kids: Kaden Mielitz - WFXG FOX 54 - News Now

High 5 4 Kids: Kaden Mielitz

AUGUSTA, GA (WFXG) -

He's an 8-year-old boy with a big heart.

"I want to help people in need," Kaden Mielitz said.

When Kaden is not monkeying around, he's helping feed the hungry.

"I saved up all my allowance this year," Kaden said. "Part of my allowance, part of my Christmas money, and I asked for donations from all my friends."

And what did he do with those donations?

"The donations help me buy food for my school's food bank drive," Kaden said.

Kaden's mom said he raised enough money and donations for more than 1,500 pounds of food. That food went to The Salvation Army of Augusta.

"Yeah, it does help people who are hungry and in need of food," Kaden said.

But he also has some obstacles of his own.

"Tourette's Syndrome is kind of hard, when you have a life with Tourette's Syndrome, your brain sometimes goes too fast. Sometimes you have tics that really hurt your body," Kaden said.

But Kaden said he won't let that stop him from helping others.

"It doesn't make a difference in any way," he said. "Anybody could do what I did. Anybody."

Copyright 2014 WFXG. All rights reserved.

From fame to shame: Playmate to do time scrubbing graffiti

Thursday, May 25 2017 4:35 AM EDT2017-05-25 08:35:38 GMT
    Thursday, May 25 2017 4:35 AM EDT2017-05-25 08:35:38 GMT

A Playboy centerfold who snapped a photo of a naked 71-year-old woman in a gym locker room and posted it on social media with insults about the woman's body is expected to appear in court to resolve a criminal charge in Los Angeles.

Trump to meet with anxious EU and NATO leaders

Thursday, May 25 2017 4:34 AM EDT2017-05-25 08:34:47 GMT
    Thursday, May 25 2017 4:34 AM EDT2017-05-25 08:34:47 GMT

President Donald Trump will be in the heart of Europe to address a continent still reeling from his election and anxious about his support.

Trump budget faces Dem opposition, GOP doubts about math

Thursday, May 25 2017 4:27 AM EDT2017-05-25 08:27:54 GMT
    Thursday, May 25 2017 4:32 AM EDT2017-05-25 08:32:47 GMT

Trump on Tuesday released a 10-year budget plan containing jarring, politically unrealistic cuts to the social safety net and a broad swath of domestic programs.