AUGUSTA, GA (WFXG) - Richmond County's new superintendent Dr. Angela Pringle will hold five community meetings for school employees, parents and the public to share their ideas and priorities for the district.
The "listening sessions" are designed to establish priorities for the school system's strategic plan and budget planning process for the 2015-2016 school year, officials said.
The first meeting will take place at 6 p.m. on Sept. 22 in the gym at the Academy of Richmond County High School.
"I encourage full engagement for all who care about the future of the children in our district," Pringle said. "I have made commitments to listen to employees, parents and community members. This is the time to listen and allow our community to speak."
Speakers will have three minutes and can only speak at one of the eight meetings. Participants may begin signing up to speak 30 minutes prior to each meeting.
Participants are asked not to discuss private student matters. Staff will be available to meet individually with participants who have specific private student matters.
Here are the dates and locations for all of the meetings:
- Monday, Sept. 22 - Academy of Richmond County High School auditorium at 910 Russell St.
- Tuesday, Sept. 23 - Richmond County Technical Magnet School Auditorium at 2500 Lumpkin Road
- Monday, Oct. 6 – Laney High School at 1740 Walton Way
- Thursday, Oct. 9 - Garrett Elementary School gymnasium at 1100 Eisenhower Dr.
- Monday, Oct. 13 – Hephzibah High School gymnasium at 4558 Brothersville Rd. in Hephzibah