AUGUSTA, GA (WFXG) - The 34th Annual Arts in the Heart of Augusta Festival kicks off Sept. 19 in downtown Augusta.
Some streets and parking areas will be closed in the days leading up to the festival and during the festival, according to the Richmond County Sheriff's Office.
Here is the list of closures:
- The parking well on the 700 block of Broad Street (across from The Augusta Chronicle and Imperial Theater) will close late Monday afternoon (Sept. 15).
- McCarten Street next to the downtown YMCA will close late Tuesday evening (Sept. 16).
- 9th Street (next to the Board of Education from Ellis to Broad) will close Tuesday evening (Sept. 16).
- 8th Street (from Ellis to Broad) will close Wednesday evening (Sept. 17).
- Albion and Broad Street will close Wednesday evening (Sept. 17).
- Broad Street will close from 7th Street up to 10th Street late Wednesday evening until Sunday evening (Sept. 21).
- One eastbound lane of Reynolds will close from 9th to 8th street on Friday morning (Sept. 19).
The festival ends Sunday night at 7 p.m. Streets will open as soon as tents are removed and the sheriff's office deems them safe for traffic.
Badges are $10 at the gate and are good for the entire weekend. Advance sale badges are on sale for $5 at all SunTrust locations, Vintage Ooollee on Broad Street and New Moon Café in Aiken. Children 10 and under get in free.
For more information on the festival, visit www.artsinthehert.com.