AUGUSTA, GA (WFXG) - Two employees of an Augusta chemical plant are being treated for burns after a spill, according to the Augusta Fire Department.
Firefighters responded to a call about a spill at ChemTrade on Columbia Nitrogen Drive near downtown Augusta Thursday morning.
Two employees had been sprayed with sulfuric acid, according to the fire department. One employee suffered significant burns, and the other employee suffered minor burns.
Both workers were transported to Doctors Hospital for treatment.
The sulfuric acid was contained, the battalion chief said. There is no environmental impact.