Man died of smoke inhalation in Williston house fire

Man died of smoke inhalation in Williston house fire

BARNWELL COUNTY, SC (WFXG) - The Williston Fire Department responded to a fatal structure fire on the 100 block of John Street on Thursday.

Firefighters discovered the body of Dean Scarbeary in his bedroom, according to the Barnwell County Coroner's Office. An autopsy showed Scarbeary died of smoke inhalation.

This is the first fire fatality in 2014 for Barnwell County, according to the coroner's office.

The incident is being investigated by the Williston Fire Department and the Barnwell County Coroner's Office.

Copyright 2014 WFXG. All rights reserved.