AUGUSTA, GA (WFXG) - Lane closures are scheduled for several Augusta roads this week for construction and maintenance, according to the Georgia Department of Transportation.
The inside lanes on each side of Washington Road at I-520 will be closed Monday through Friday.
The east inside lane on I-520 between mile markers 3 and 5 will be closed between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday through Wednesday.
I-520 west from Gordon Highway to the rail will be closed between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday.
A single lane on each side of Deans Bridge Road between Kipling Road and Augusta Tech Drive will be closed between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
A single lane on Wrightsboro Road from Jimmy Dyess Parkway to I-520 will be closed between 9:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday and Tuesday for storm drain installation.
Motorists should also watch out for maintenance at the following locations between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday:
- mowing on State Route 4 (Deans Bridge Road) at mile markers 14-20
- mowing on State Route 10 (Washington Road) between mile markers 13-14
- single lane closure for sealing minor cracks in the roadway on State Route 4 (Deans Bridge Road) between mile markers 0 and 5
- vegetation management on State Route 10 (Washington Road) between mile markers 13 and 18.31
- bridge maintenance on State Route 402 between mile markers 201
- single lane closure for concrete repair on State Route 402 east at mile marker 201.2
- roadway sign maintenance on State Route 10 (Washington Road) between mile markers 0 and 18.31
- roadway sign maintenance on State Route 415 between mile markers 0 and 15.44
- roadway sign maintenance on State Route 4 between mile markers 0 and 26
Heavy equipment will be entering and exiting the roadway at some of these locations. Flagmen may be used for this work. Motorists are asked to use caution, reduce their speed and be alert to changing traffic conditions in work zones.