Washington Road re-opens after fire at nearby business

Washington Road re-opens after fire at nearby business

Washington Road at Alexander Drive and at Boy Scout Road is open again after a fire at a nearby business shut down that area Thursday afternoon.

Firefighters put out flames at Fogel's Carpet behind Fairway Square and had to run equipment across the 2700 and 2800 blocks of Washington Road for a couple of hours.

One employee was inside at the time of the fire but was not injured. The owner of the store said a microwave started the fire.

Copyright 2014 WFXG. All rights reserved.