Teen talks about early morning shooting that sent him to the hos - WFXG FOX 54 - News Now

Teen talks about early morning shooting that sent him to the hospital

AUGUSTA, GA (WFXG) -

Two teens were shot on Clanton Road early Thursday morning. One of the victim's and his mother spoke to WFXG about the horrific incident.

"I was in the kitchen and all of a sudden I heard pops go off. I could see the flashes through the window," said the victim's mother.

She woman and her family chose to remain anonymous. Her son, who's known as Mickey, and his best friend were shot.

"At first I just wanted to lay there and cry, but I told myself I can't just lay there and cry, I've got to get somebody," Mickey said. "So I ignored my own wounds I went to go straight for my dad."

Mickey said he and his friend were standing outside around midnight when they recognized large footprints in the backyard. Soon after that, the shots rang out.

"As far as I heard they wanted to kill somebody I'm not exactly sure but that's what I heard," Mickey said.

Mickey was shot in the foot and toe. His best friend was struck in the ankle and thigh.

"He was laying there on the ground. I'm glad they didn't come out the woods," Mickey said. "I was sad. I was mad also. I wanted to hurt the people who did it."

Remnants of the horrific night can still be found throughout the home. There are bullet holes in the kitchen and bathroom. Other people were in the home, but no one else was injured. Mickey told us it's a miracle they're still alive.

"I'm grateful," Mickey said. "I'm glad God blessed me and my family and I'm glad my brother's alright too."

They're unsure about why the gunmen targeted their home, but they want answers.

"I want to know why they did it. I want to know who they are," Mickey said.

"I would like to know why those three boys did that," said Mickey's mom. "I don't have a clue who they are, or why there were here at my home to hurt my family."

If you have any information on the shooting, contact the Richmond County Sheriff's Office at (706) 821-1080.

Copyright 2014 WFXG. All rights reserved.

A day after back-tracking, Trump defends summit performance

Wednesday, July 18 2018 12:31 AM EDT2018-07-18 04:31:41 GMT
    Wednesday, July 18 2018 8:04 AM EDT2018-07-18 12:04:17 GMT
    (AP Photo/Andrew Harnik). President Donald Trump speaks to members of the media as he meets with members of Congress in the Cabinet Room of the White House, Tuesday, July 17, 2018, in Washington. Trump says he meant the opposite when he said in Helsink...(AP Photo/Andrew Harnik). President Donald Trump speaks to members of the media as he meets with members of Congress in the Cabinet Room of the White House, Tuesday, July 17, 2018, in Washington. Trump says he meant the opposite when he said in Helsink...

Rebuked as never before by his own party, including a stern pushback from usually reserved Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, the U.S. president sought to end 27 hours of recrimination by delivering a rare admission of error.

Secret Service agent dies after suffering stroke during Trump's Scotland visit

Wednesday, July 18 2018 7:00 AM EDT2018-07-18 11:00:46 GMT
    Wednesday, July 18 2018 7:38 AM EDT2018-07-18 11:38:17 GMT

The 19-year veteran of the U.S. Secret Service suffered a massive stroke on Sunday in Scotland. He died Tuesday in a hospital surrounded by immediate family and colleagues.

Baby tests positive for meth; WV mother arrested

Wednesday, July 18 2018 7:01 AM EDT2018-07-18 11:01:37 GMT
    Wednesday, July 18 2018 7:03 AM EDT2018-07-18 11:03:03 GMT

Authorities said the mother initially refused medics entry to the house, and they had to take the baby from her arms to take him to the hospital.