AUGUSTA, GA (WFXG) - Several lane closures are scheduled for Augusta roads this week for construction and maintenance, according to the Georgia Department of Transportation.
One lane on State Route 232 (Columbia Road) east of Crawford Creek Bridge will be closed between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday for storm drain installation.
One lane on each side of Gordon Highway at I-520 will be closed Monday through Friday.
The west inside lane on I-520 between mile markers 3 and 5 will be closed between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m. Monday through June 23.
The east inside lane on I-520 between mile markers 3 and 5 will be closed between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m. Wednesday through Saturday.
A single lane on Wrightsboro Road at the intersection of Barton Chapel Road will be closed between 9:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday for utility work.
The following maintenance will also take place between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday:
- mowing on State Route 28 between mile markers 0 and 7
- mowing on State Route 10 between mile markers 0 and 18
- single lane closure for concrete repair on Interstate 20 east, approaching the Savannah River Bridge
- vegetation management on State Route 10 between mile markers 6.9 and 18.31
- vegetation management on State Route 4 between mile markers 6.9 and 18.31
Flagmen may be used. Heavy equipment may be entering or exiting the road at some locations. Motorists are asked to use caution, reduce their speed and be alert to changing traffic conditions in all work zones.