Oregon couple's wedding photo captures approaching wildfire - WFXG FOX 54 - News Now

Oregon couple's wedding photo captures approaching wildfire

This amazing wedding photo was captured by photographer Josh Newton. This amazing wedding photo was captured by photographer Josh Newton.
"All of my bridesmaids did a really good job keeping me calm and didn't even tell me about the fire until about 30 minutes before the wedding," said bride April Wolber. "All of my bridesmaids did a really good job keeping me calm and didn't even tell me about the fire until about 30 minutes before the wedding," said bride April Wolber.
"I'd call it an all-time low. It was announced that we were going to be evacuated," said groom Michael Wolber. "I'd call it an all-time low. It was announced that we were going to be evacuated," said groom Michael Wolber.
BEND, OR (KPTV) -

An Oregon couple nearly had to put their wedding on hold when a Bend wildfire interrupted their ceremony.

The bride, April Wolber, said the Rock Springs Ranch just outside of Bend "just felt like the dream location."

"It's just kind of become our place," she said.

April Wolber and her husband Michael were getting ready for the biggest day of their lives.

But as the ceremony start time neared, the Two Bulls wildfire was growing nearby.

"All of my bridesmaids did a really good job keeping me calm and didn't even tell me about the fire until about 30 minutes before the wedding," April Wolber said.

The bridesmaids and groomsmen were in place, and Michael Wolber was waiting for his bride, but she wasn't walking down the aisle.

"That's when the fire truck comes up with the sirens going," April Wolber said.

"I'd call it an all-time low. It was announced that we were going to be evacuated," Michael Wolber said.

The fire was too close and the wedding was canceled.

"To get to that final minute before it was going to happen and have everything feel like it was going to fall apart. It was a pretty crazy reality to be in," Michael Wolber said.

The couple's parents pleaded to firefighters to let them do a quick ceremony.

"My heart was sinking," Michael Wolber said. "I remember looking at the pastor, saying 'Liz, I have to marry April today and I have to marry her here.'"

It looked hopeless, but then firefighters changed their mind.

"We got to hear the ranch manager Kelly come down, waving her arms saying, 'We can do it. We can do the ceremony!'" Michael Wolber said.

The couple performed their ceremony in half the time. After a quick kiss, it was off to the backup reception location in Bend's Drake Park.

The couple's photographer snapped an incredible photo, which has now gone viral, getting thousands of likes and shares on Facebook and Twitter.

"The fire changed the plans of our day and completely changed the course of what we thought our wedding was going to look like," Michael Wolber said. "It was really neat to see us, and him especially, be able to turn it into a positive."

It was a wedding better than a movie script and a story to tell for the rest of the lives.

"We wouldn't change a single thing about the way yesterday went off," Michael Wolber said.

Copyright 2014 KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation.  All rights reserved.

School shooting may not bring change to gun-loving Texas

Monday, May 21 2018 12:52 AM EDT2018-05-21 04:52:04 GMT
    Monday, May 21 2018 8:24 PM EDT2018-05-22 00:24:23 GMT
    (Elizabeth Conley/Houston Chronicle via AP). A billboard is seen off of I-45 near Santa Fe, Texas, where a student shot and killed eight classmates and two teachers at Santa Fe High School.(Elizabeth Conley/Houston Chronicle via AP). A billboard is seen off of I-45 near Santa Fe, Texas, where a student shot and killed eight classmates and two teachers at Santa Fe High School.

The shooting suspect, 17-year-old Dimitrios Pagourtzis, has been jailed on capital murder charges.

Divided Supreme Court sides with businesses over workers

Monday, May 21 2018 10:21 AM EDT2018-05-21 14:21:59 GMT
    Monday, May 21 2018 8:23 PM EDT2018-05-22 00:23:29 GMT
    The justices ruled 5-4 Monday, with the court's conservative members in the majority, that businesses can force employees to individually use arbitration to resolve disputes. (Source: Supremecourt.gov)The justices ruled 5-4 Monday, with the court's conservative members in the majority, that businesses can force employees to individually use arbitration to resolve disputes. (Source: Supremecourt.gov)

A new Supreme Court will allow employers to prohibit workers from banding together to complain about pay and conditions in the workplace.

US demands wholesale changes in Iran policies post-nuke deal

Monday, May 21 2018 8:52 AM EDT2018-05-21 12:52:00 GMT
    Monday, May 21 2018 8:22 PM EDT2018-05-22 00:22:23 GMT
    fasfdafasfda

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is laying out the Trump administration's strategy for constraining Iran's nuclear program and opposing its other behavior in the region following President Donald Trump's withdrawal from the 2015 nuclear deal.