AIKEN, SC (WFXG) - Eight deceased Aiken County residents whose bodies have gone unclaimed or who didn't have funds available for their funeral arrangements will be laid to rest on Friday.
The service will take place at 10 a.m. at Graniteville Cemetery on Gregg Highway in Aiken.
Friends and family of the deceased who could be found were notified of the service, but not all family members could be located, Coroner Tim Carlton said.
The following citizens will be laid to rest:
- Lydia Ward, who was born Nov. 18, 1963 and died May 23, 2013
- Billy Cheek, who was born Jan. 12, 1964 and died on June 14, 2013
- Thomas Keenan, who was born on Aug. 7, 1942 and died Nov. 21, 2013
- Lester Thompson, who was born on Sept. 9, 1945 and died on Sept. 2, 2013
- Robert Bailey, who was born on May 7, 1964 and died on Feb. 2, 2014
- Richard Maroney, who was born March 27, 1959 and died on March 1, 2014
- Joe Floyd, who was born on Oct. 10, 1942 and died on Jan. 31, 2014
- Robert Bisou, who was born on Feb. 2, 1982 and died on April 17, 2014
The Aiken County community also is invited to attend the graveside services.