AUGUSTA, GA (WFXG) - Several Augusta roads have been deemed unsafe for travel due to heavy rain, Augusta city officials said.
Central Avenue between Druid Park Avenue and 15th Street is closed, officials said. Drivers should used Laney Walker Boulevard instead.
Motorists should also avoid these areas:
- Hwy 25 at Harding Road
- Laurel at Wrightsboro Road
- 1757 Brown Rd.
- Central Avenue at Emmett Street
- 2300 Olive Road
- Third Avenue at Laney Walker
- Lombardy at Lake Forest
- 1763 Brown Rd.
- Victoria Street
- Lumpkin Road at Peach Orchard Road
- Coleman Avenue at Virginia Avenue
- 400 Block of Ellis Street
Officials warn drivers to not drive through standing water. Instead, turn around and find an alternate route.