DFCS says food lost during the storm could be replaced

AUGUSTA, GA (WFXG) - Division of Family and Children Services said food lost during extended power outages could be replaced if you purchased them with food stamps. Officials said recipients can request a replacement of benefits by going to your local DFCS office and signing an affidavit of loss benefits.

To contact a DHS Communications Center, call 1-877-423-4746.