Teenage girl secretly video recorded inside Burger King restroom - WFXG FOX 54 - News Now

UPDATE: Police arrest man accused of secretly video recording woman in public restroom

Gregory Wilson (source: Muscogee County Jail) Gregory Wilson (source: Muscogee County Jail)
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) -

UPDATE: Columbus Police have made an arrest.  Gregory Wilson was taken to jail Saturday evening.  He will be in Recorder's Court Monday 2-10-14 at 2 p.m.

Columbus Police are looking for a man who followed an underage girl into the ladies room of a fast food restaurant and used his cell phone to record her in the stall.

"When I looked down, he was under the stall. I said, 'what are you doing?', and right after that, he got out," said Madison Plemons, 17.

Madison Plemons and her boyfriend just left a Cottonmouths game at the Civic Center last Sunday and stopped by the Burger King in the 1300 block of Veterans Parkway for something to eat on their way home.

After reviewing surveillance video, police told Plemons the suspect was staking out the restrooms and waiting for a girl to be in there alone.

She went in and the unknown man followed shortly afterward, taking the stall right beside her.  Plemons said his stealth maneuvers were so effective, there could be other women out there who don't know they are victims.

"He was in the bathroom with the phone under, I believe for three minutes.   Watching me.   I didn't see him at all until I was done.   I was about to get up and leave and I saw him under there."

Not knowing if the suspect was still in the room, Plemons stayed inside the locked stall and called her boyfriend for help.   He came rushing in, but by then, the voyeur had already made his escape.

"I freaked out, I panicked, I didn't know what to do.   I thought he was going to hurt me because I've never been in the situation before.   I was really scared and the first thing I thought was he was going to crawl under and try to make me be quiet, so I stayed calm.   When I called for help is when I lost it and got upset and didn't know what to do, but he had already gotten away.   I would feel better if they caught him, but, they haven't yet."

The suspect may be uploading the videos he records to the internet.   Witnesses said the man was so bold, he was charging his phone in one of Burger King's electrical outlets.  The charger was left behind.

Burger King could not be reached for comment Wednesday night and the manager was unfamiliar with the incident.

The suspect is described as a tall and overweight black man with his hair in dreads.  Witnesses said he was wearing a blue shirt that reads 'Albany' across the front. He also was using a pink phone. If you have information you should contact detectives in the Columbus Police Department.   When this man is caught, he faces some serious charges, especially because this victim is a minor.

Police released photos of the suspect, and described him as a black male between the ages of 25-30 years old. He is clean shaven and stands between 5'8" to 6'0" tall. He has a medium to heavy set build.

Copyright 2014 WTVM. All rights reserved.

4 Palestinians killed by Israeli fire in Gaza border protest

Saturday, April 21 2018 1:44 AM EDT2018-04-21 05:44:10 GMT
    Saturday, April 21 2018 5:15 AM EDT2018-04-21 09:15:12 GMT
    (AP Photo/Adel Hana). Palestinian protesters evacuate a wounded youth during clashes with Israeli troops along Gaza's border with Israel, east of Khan Younis, Gaza Strip, Friday, April 20, 2018. Thousands of Palestinians joined the fourth weekly protes...(AP Photo/Adel Hana). Palestinian protesters evacuate a wounded youth during clashes with Israeli troops along Gaza's border with Israel, east of Khan Younis, Gaza Strip, Friday, April 20, 2018. Thousands of Palestinians joined the fourth weekly protes...

Gaza health officials say 4 Palestinians, including 15-year-old boy, killed by Israeli army fire as thousands join fourth weekly protests on Gaza border.

In new walkouts, students look to turn outrage to action

Friday, April 20 2018 12:26 AM EDT2018-04-20 04:26:49 GMT
    Saturday, April 21 2018 5:14 AM EDT2018-04-21 09:14:58 GMT
    (AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster, File). FILE - In this March 14, 2018 file photo, young demonstrators hold a rally in front of the White House in Washington. Another wave of school walkouts is expected as students honor victims of gun violence and push for gu...(AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster, File). FILE - In this March 14, 2018 file photo, young demonstrators hold a rally in front of the White House in Washington. Another wave of school walkouts is expected as students honor victims of gun violence and push for gu...

Another wave of school walkouts is expected as students honor victims of gun violence and push for gun control.

DOJ looks into how AT&T, Verizon handle defecting customers

Friday, April 20 2018 7:43 PM EDT2018-04-20 23:43:53 GMT
    Saturday, April 21 2018 5:14 AM EDT2018-04-21 09:14:36 GMT
    The Justice Department is investigating AT&T, Verizon and a standards-setting group. (Source: Raycom Media)The Justice Department is investigating AT&T, Verizon and a standards-setting group. (Source: Raycom Media)

The Justice Department has opened an antitrust investigation into whether AT&T and Verizon and a standards-setting group worked together to hinder consumers from easily switching wireless carriers.