Man taken to hospital, home total loss after grease fire
According to Diana Volunteer Fire Department Assistant Chief Justin Hankins, units responded to a mobile home fire on Chimney Hill Drive Monday afternoon.
When fire crews arrived, the house was fully involved. A male who was at home when the fire started has been transported to Longview Regional Medical Center for smoke inhalation. His dog did not make it out of the house.
Hankins said the home is still standing but is considered a total loss. The blaze is believed to have started as a grease fire in the kitchen.
Diana, Ore City and Glenwood Volunteer Fire Departments responded to the scene.
Chimney Hill Drive is located just off of Highway 154 around three miles west of Diana in Upshur County.
Friday, August 29 2014 4:33 PM EDT2014-08-29 20:33:42 GMT
South Carolina Highway Patrol is investigating a fatal wreck on Gun Range Road, between Wire Road and Highway 1.Troopers responded just after 1 p.m, according to the SCHP database.Additional details areMore >>
The Aiken Co. Coroner's Office confirmed Willis L. Purvis, 55, was returning home on his Suzuki motorcycle when he lost control of it, and was ejected. More >>
Friday, August 29 2014 4:06 PM EDT2014-08-29 20:06:26 GMT
The Red Cross of Augusta is offering safety tips for this Labor Day weekend. Experts say if you're packing up and heading out of town, bring even the things you think you won't need just in case. "MakeMore >>
The Red Cross of Augusta is offering safety tips for this Labor Day weekend.More >>