AIKEN, SC (WFXG) - Eight students have been named first year scholar recipients of the URS/Savannah River Remediation (SRR) Engineering Scholars program.
The first year scholarship recipients are as follows:
- Justin Anderson of Clark Hill, S.C.
- Heather Britt of Aiken, S.C.
- Joshua DeMedici of North Augusta, S.C.
- Morgan Heath of Aiken, S.C.
- Jordan Martin of North Augusta, S.C.
- David Mast of Wagener, S.C.
- Jacob McBeath of Mount Pleasant, S.C.
- Victor Price of Warrenville, S.C.
The program provided a $2,500 renewable scholarship each year for academically talented students that have declared engineering as entering freshmen.
The second year scholarship recipients continuing from last year are as follows:
- Cody Clester of Trenton, S.C.
- Jake Corbin of Beech Island, S.C.
- Jackson Jones of Clearwater, S.C.
- Philip Lowry of North Augusta, S.C.
- Fedora Nwachakwu of Aiken, S.C.
- Eric Peyes-Bastida of Jackson, S.C.
- Sean Shepard of North Augusta, S.C.
The program will also coordinate with USC Columbia, allowing the students to retain the scholarship when they transfer from USC Aiken to USC Columbia's College of Engineering and Computing if they maintain a high academic standard.
"We are excited and proud to partner with URS and SRR to support an engineering education for our students," says USC Aiken Chancellor, Dr. Sandra Jordan. "We appreciate this scholarship program because it supports students in the math and sciences, while cultivating the next generation of engineers."
URS Corporation is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world.