Information provided by Memphis Division of Fire Services.
1. Keep space heaters three feet away from combustible materials.
2. Don't overload electrical outlets.
3. Avoid using too many extension cords.
4. Have fireplaces, chimneys, and wood burning inserts inspected by licensed technician to insure proper installation, adequate clearance, and to insure that chimney's are free of debris and creosote buildup.
5. Never leave fireplaces, space heaters, and candles unattended.
6. Kerosene heaters should be refueled outdoors.
7. Carbon monoxide is considered a silent killer and is often presented when equipment is improperly vented.
8. Never use kitchen stoves as a source of heat.
9. Do not use portable generators in the home, garage, carport, sheds, or partially enclosed spaces.
10. Maintain a working smoke detector in your place of residence.
Officials: Teenage girl falls 25 feet from gondola ride at update New York amusement park, no serious injuries reported.More >>
SpaceX is going for a weekend double-header with a planned launch from Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, just two days after a successful satellite launch from Florida.More >>
Lower federal courts have so far agreed with opponents of the travel ban, who argue it targets Muslims in violation of federal law and the Constitution and stems from Trump's campaign pledge to halt the entry of all Muslims into the U.S.More >>
CIA Director Mike Pompeo says he thinks the disclosure of America's secret intelligence is on the rise, fueled partly by the "worship" of leakers like Edward Snowden.More >>
A Pakistani official says more than 100 people have been killed after an oil tanker overturned and burst into flames.More >>