Ex-girlfriend: Officer invaded home with gun - WFXG FOX 54 - News Now

Ex-girlfriend: Officer invaded home with gun

Barr's daughter, Mckenzie, was home when Valentine came into the house, said police. Barr's daughter, Mckenzie, was home when Valentine came into the house, said police.
Barr is asking for justice to be served. Barr is asking for justice to be served.
Dana Bradley said he was trying to spend time with his son. Dana Bradley said he was trying to spend time with his son.

(WMC-TV) - Memphis police officer, James Valentine, is on the wrong side of the law Monday.

His ex-girlfriend said the officer pointed a gun at her when he found her in bed with another man.

In an exclusive interview, the ex-girlfriend and the other man spoke to Action News 5.

Valentine's ex-girlfriend, Katrina Barr, said she is going through a bad break-up with a police officer.

"This is nothing that I'm making up. I'm not trying to make anybody look bad. I'm just trying to live and take care of my children," said Barr.

All six of them were home early Saturday morning, including her daughter Mckenzie.

According to police, her father and Barr's ex-boyfriend, Valentine, came into their house unannounced, uninvited, and threatened her with a gun.

"It was his service weapon. Yes, it was. Because he don't have a gun," stated Barr.

At the time, Barr was in her bedroom with her son's father, Dana Bradley, and their son.

"I've been gone long enough. I'm back trying to build a bond with my son," Bradley said.

Bradley and Barr confirmed they are not romantically involved.

"We were laying in the bed together. Me, her, and the kids was in the bed together. I still had my clothes on. Only thing I had off was my boots. She had her clothes on. The kids had their clothes on," declared Bradley.

Bradley and Barr said Valentine barged into the bedroom, used the gun to exert control, and made Bradley go outside.

Barr told how she was afraid of what Valentine might do.

She had her kids call 911.

Since Valentine's arrest, her break-up's gone public and made things even harder.

"It's like, it's little ole me. They look at me. They see my tattoos. They see I got six children. She [is] just somebody trying to get some money. No. He came after me. I didn't go after him," declared Barr.

All Barr wants is justice.

"What do you hope happens here? That justice will be served. That's it. That justice will be served," explained Barr.

Copyright 2013 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.

Trump thrusts abortion fight into crucial midterm elections

Friday, May 18 2018 12:40 AM EDT2018-05-18 04:40:58 GMT
    Sunday, May 20 2018 5:11 AM EDT2018-05-20 09:11:28 GMT
    (AP Photo/Manuel Balce Ceneta, File). FILE - In this Jan. 19, 2018 file photo, President Donald Trump speaks to participants of the annual March for Life event, in the Rose Garden of the White House in Washington. The Trump administration will resurrec...(AP Photo/Manuel Balce Ceneta, File). FILE - In this Jan. 19, 2018 file photo, President Donald Trump speaks to participants of the annual March for Life event, in the Rose Garden of the White House in Washington. The Trump administration will resurrec...

The Trump administration is resurrecting a Reagan-era rule that would ban federally funded family planning clinics from discussing abortion with women, or sharing space with abortion providers.

US births hit a 30-year low, despite good economy

Thursday, May 17 2018 12:39 AM EDT2018-05-17 04:39:43 GMT
    Sunday, May 20 2018 5:11 AM EDT2018-05-20 09:11:20 GMT
    (AP Photo/Seth Wenig). FILE - This Thursday, Feb. 16, 2017 file photo shows newborn babies in the nursery of a postpartum recovery center in upstate New York. According to a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention report released on Thursday, May 17...(AP Photo/Seth Wenig). FILE - This Thursday, Feb. 16, 2017 file photo shows newborn babies in the nursery of a postpartum recovery center in upstate New York. According to a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention report released on Thursday, May 17...

Births have been declining since 2014, but 2017 saw the greatest year-to-year drop - about 92,000 less than the previous year.

Doctor sentenced for poisoning girlfriend who lost baby

Sunday, May 20 2018 3:59 AM EDT2018-05-20 07:59:32 GMT
    Sunday, May 20 2018 3:59 AM EDT2018-05-20 07:59:32 GMT
    The man no longer has his medical license, and he could be deported to his birthplace of Pakistan. (Source: WJLA/Brooke Fiske/CNN)The man no longer has his medical license, and he could be deported to his birthplace of Pakistan. (Source: WJLA/Brooke Fiske/CNN)