Man hospitalized after breathing chlorine gas in Jackson - WFXG FOX54 Augusta - Your News One Hour Earlier

Man hospitalized after breathing chlorine gas in Jackson

Posted: Updated:
JACKSON, SC (WFXG) -

A man was hospitalized Wednesday afternoon after breathing in chlorine gas, according to officials.

Hazmat crews were called to N. Silverton Street and Brinkley Street around 3 p.m., according to the Aiken County Sheriff's Office.

The man breathed in the gas after cutting open a metal canister, officials said. He was planning to use the canister as scrap metal.

No one else was injured. Hazmat crews were testing air in the area.

Stay with WFXG for updates.

Powered by WorldNow