AUGUSTA, GA (WFXG) - The Salvation Army of Greater Augusta is accepting applications for its Christmas Assistance Program that provides gifts to children ages 12 and under.
Families in need can stop by the First Stop Center at 1765 Broad Street between 9 and 11:30 a.m. or 1 and 3:30 p.m. until Oct. 4 to fill out an application.
Assistance will be given on a first-come, first-serve basis. The staff asks that applicants do not bring children.
Applicants are asked to provide the following documents.
- photo ID for all adults in household
- birth certificates for all children in household
- proof of income (including food stamps)
- proof of expenses (bills you pay)
- proof of current address
- legal custody papers for children who are not your birth children