AUGUSTA, GA (WFXG) - Richmond County Sheriff's deputies arrested six people and are looking for one person in connection with a car theft ring at an Augusta business.
Grand jury arrest warrants have been issued for the seven people after the sheriff's office conducted a nine-month embezzlement investigation that revealed that 104 automobiles belonging to PIK-A-PART on Doug Bernard Parkway were stolen over the course of two years.
The following people were arrested:
- Dennis Ray McDaniel, 49 - 59 felony counts of theft by taking
- Joshua Tyler McDaniel, 23 - three felony counts of theft by taking
- Jeffrey Bernard Norris, 49 - 34 felony counts of theft by taking
- Christopher Brown, 36 - 14 felony counts of theft by taking
- Michael Tracy Kerr, 50 - three felony counts of theft by taking
- Timothy Len Bailey, 40 - two felony counts of theft by taking
Tammie Carlesha Johnson, 29, is still wanted on two counts of felony theft by taking.
At the time of the investigation, McDaniel worked at PIK-A-PART as the operations manager, Johnson worked as the accounts manager and Bailey was a rollback/wrecker driver.
Stolen vehicles were located at the following locations during the investigation:
- 34 of these stolen automobiles were recovered at Norris Used Auto Sales, located at 2543 Peach Orchard Road
- 11 of these stolen vehicles belonging to PIK A PART were located at Brown's Automotive, located 1555 Doug Bernard Pkwy
- 4 of these stolen vehicles belonging to PIK A PART were located at 612 Dennis Drive
- 11 vehicles were sold on the street
- 44 stolen vehicles belonging to PIK A PART are outstanding and are still missing at the time of this press release