AUGUSTA, GA (WFXG) - Several streets in downtown Augusta are being closed for the 33rd Arts in the Heart of Augusta Festival.
The festival, which is scheduled for this weekend, is expecting more than 70,000 patrons. The event will feature four stages with local live entertainment, 110 juried artists and artisans, 19 cultural associations serving up food and a free hands-on children's area.
The following streets will be closed from the date and time listed until police give an all-clear on Sunday:
Tuesday, Sept. 17, midnight:
- 8th between Ellis and Broad
- 9th between Ellis and Broad
- MarCarten between Jones and Broad
Thursday, Sept. 19, 5 p.m.:
- Block ingress only into parking wells on Broad from 8th to 10th
Thursday, Sept. 19, midnight:
- Broad Street from 8th to 10th street
- 9th street (north) from Jones to Broad
Friday, Sept. 20, 9 a.m.:
- Block 8th Street southbound ½ block before 8th/Broad intersection
- Block Reynolds/9th to Reynolds/8th – 1 lane eastbound- for Stage and Global Village drop off
Note on 8th at Reynolds: No through traffic. Access to SunTrust parking deck and Lamar parking only.
Badges are $10 at the gate and are good for the entire weekend. Children ages 10 and under are free. A limited number of advanced badges are on sale for only $5 at SunTrust bank branches.