A small electrical fire was extinguished Saturday afternoon at a Longview Whataburger.
Longview Fire crews responded to the Whataburger located 4108 W Loop 281. Authorities tell KLTV-7 that the fire was caused by an electrical short and caused damage to one wall. Crews quickly put out the fire.
Officials say that the restaurant was evacuated and everyone was able to get out safely. The restaurant is closed for the time being. No word yet on when it is expected to re-open.
Friday, August 29 2014 4:33 PM EDT2014-08-29 20:33:42 GMT
South Carolina Highway Patrol is investigating a fatal wreck on Gun Range Road, between Wire Road and Highway 1.Troopers responded just after 1 p.m, according to the SCHP database.Additional details areMore >>
The Aiken Co. Coroner's Office confirmed Willis L. Purvis, 55, was returning home on his Suzuki motorcycle when he lost control of it, and was ejected. More >>
Friday, August 29 2014 4:06 PM EDT2014-08-29 20:06:26 GMT
The Red Cross of Augusta is offering safety tips for this Labor Day weekend. Experts say if you're packing up and heading out of town, bring even the things you think you won't need just in case. "MakeMore >>
The Red Cross of Augusta is offering safety tips for this Labor Day weekend.More >>