Man fights Facebook accusations of rape - WFXG FOX 54 - News Now

Man fights Facebook accusations of rape

Image source: MGN Online Image source: MGN Online
TOLEDO, OH (Toledo News Now) -

Chad Lesko says being threatened by a total stranger was his first clue something wasn't right.

"I was walking at Highland Park yesterday, a guy comes up to me and said, ‘You shouldn't be around here, this is a kids' area, you're a rapist.' I'm like, ‘Excuse me, no I'm not.'"

On Monday, someone posting as Nicole McCarthy posted on Facebook Lesko's picture, saying, "He's wanted by Toledo Police for 4 counts of rape. He raped three little girls and his own son."

It's a serious allegation which Lesko says isn't true.

"My girlfriend told me it was on Facebook," he said. "I was like, ‘Okay, what's going on? Send me the link.' Then my friend told me about it, too, so I went to the link. I was like, ‘This is not true.'"

While Toledo Police say Lesko is not wanted on rape charges, that one post has been shared more than 20,000 times.

"This is crazy, I'm scared to even walk down the street now because all of the drama that's been going on," he said.

According to Lesko, Nicole McCarthy is a fake account set up by the mother of his son, and he's hoping to clear his name and put this in the past.

"It's getting aggravating because I'm trying to live my life, I'm not trying to do anything bad, I've changed my life around."

Mobile users, click on the "Video" button in the app to watch this story. Download our app here.

Copyright 2013 Toledo News Now. All rights reserved.

• More on WFXG.comMore>>

CONNECT WITH US

LIKE us on Facebook - Follow us on Twitter -  Get Text & Email Alerts - Download our Apps - Send us photos & videoMore >>

Accused serial rapist and killer undetected working as cop

Thursday, April 26 2018 2:39 AM EDT2018-04-26 06:39:08 GMT
    Thursday, April 26 2018 9:12 AM EDT2018-04-26 13:12:04 GMT
    (AP Photo/Rich Pedroncelli). Sacramento County Sheriff Scott Jones, left, talks to reporters about the arrest Joesph James DeAngelo, seen in photo, on suspicion of committing a string of violent crimes in the 1970's and 1980's after a news conference. ...(AP Photo/Rich Pedroncelli). Sacramento County Sheriff Scott Jones, left, talks to reporters about the arrest Joesph James DeAngelo, seen in photo, on suspicion of committing a string of violent crimes in the 1970's and 1980's after a news conference. ...

The suspected Golden State Killer became less prolific but deadlier after losing his job as a police officer.

Geologists say N. Korea's nuclear test site likely collapsed

Wednesday, April 25 2018 9:28 PM EDT2018-04-26 01:28:35 GMT
    Thursday, April 26 2018 9:11 AM EDT2018-04-26 13:11:06 GMT
    A study by Chinese geologists shows the mountain where North Korea has conducted five successive nuclear bomb tests has collapsed. North Korean leader Kim Jong Un recently announced an end to the nation’s nuclear testing. (AP Photo/Wong Maye-E)A study by Chinese geologists shows the mountain where North Korea has conducted five successive nuclear bomb tests has collapsed. North Korean leader Kim Jong Un recently announced an end to the nation’s nuclear testing. (AP Photo/Wong Maye-E)

Senate committee poised for vote on bill to protect Mueller

Thursday, April 26 2018 12:28 AM EDT2018-04-26 04:28:40 GMT
    Thursday, April 26 2018 9:09 AM EDT2018-04-26 13:09:56 GMT
    (AP Photo/Andrew Harnik, File). FILE - In this June 21, 2017, file photo, former FBI Director Robert Mueller, the special counsel probing Russian interference in the 2016 election, departs Capitol Hill following a closed door meeting in Washington. Rep...(AP Photo/Andrew Harnik, File). FILE - In this June 21, 2017, file photo, former FBI Director Robert Mueller, the special counsel probing Russian interference in the 2016 election, departs Capitol Hill following a closed door meeting in Washington. Rep...

Senate panel expected to vote on legislation to protect special counsel Robert Mueller's job, a bill that has split Republicans.