The Springfield Falcons are in the playoffs for the first time in a decade, and we now know which team they will face in the first round of the AHL post-season.
The second-seeded Falcons will square off with the seventh-seeded Manchester Monarchs.
It is definitely a match-up in Springfield's favor.
The Falcons posted four wins, one loss and a shootout loss against the Monarchs during the regular season.
Springfield's 45 total wins this season tied a franchise high.
Here is how the first round best-of-five series shapes up:
- Game one is next Saturday at 7 p.m. inside the Mass Mutual Center.
- Game two is next Sunday at 4 p.m., and it is also at the Mass Mutual Center.
- Game three will be played Thursday, May 2, in Manchester.
- Games four and five will take place the following weekend, if necessary.
- The fifth game will be back in Springfield, if necessary.
The team says tickets are still available for each of the playoff games.
Copyright 2013 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.