Glendale firefighters were treating an 18-month-old child for bee stings Monday morning. (Source: CBS 5 News)
The incident happened near 63rd and Peoria avenues. (Source: CBS 5 News)
GLENDALE, AZ (CBS5) -
An 18-month-old child was among three children stung repeatedly by a swarm of bees stirred up by a Glendale homeowner who was trying to remove the swarm himself Monday morning.
Glendale firefighters treated the children at 6300 W. Mercer Lane, near 63rd and Peoria avenues, said Mike Young of the Glendale Fire Department. All, including a 13-year-old and a 12-year-old, were treated at the scene and stayed home.
Young said the homeowner had asked for a quote from a bee removal service about two weeks ago but felt that the quote was too high, so he bought his own bee suit and tried to remove the bees when they became agitated.
A family dog was also stung just before 10 a.m., the spokesman said.
Firefighters doused the swarm with foam.
No other information was immediately available.
Stay with cbs5az.com and CBS 5 News as this story develops.
Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.
Wednesday, August 20 2014 10:36 PM EDT2014-08-21 02:36:59 GMT
It's safe to say Josh Yates is a smart 16-year-old. "I'm coming up with character designs, gear and equipment on paper." Josh was sketching things he can build with technology Wednesday at The Clubhou.seMore >>
It's safe to say Josh Yates is a smart 16-year-old.More >>
Wednesday, August 20 2014 9:52 PM EDT2014-08-21 01:52:10 GMT
Comfort Suites Augusta hosted a Parkinson's breakfast this morning to raise awareness for the disease."To be able to prolong their life, quality of life, by having some type of treatment, I think wouldMore >>
Comfort Suites Augusta hosted a Parkinson's breakfast this morning to raise awareness for the disease.More >>
Wednesday, August 20 2014 9:45 PM EDT2014-08-21 01:45:15 GMT
It still feels warm and humid even after the sun has set, and that's only contributing to the concerns EMA officials have the next few days as we hit 100 degrees for the first time this year. "Juice.More >>
It still feels warm and humid even after the sun has set, and that's only contributing to the concerns EMA officials have the next few days as we hit 100 degrees for the first time this year.More >>
3933 Washington Road
Augusta, GA 30907