No one injured in Walton Way fire - WFXG FOX54 Augusta - Your News One Hour Earlier

No one injured in Walton Way fire

Posted: Updated:
AUGUSTA, GA (WFXG) -

No one was hurt after a Walton Way home's attic caught fire Sunday morning.

Augusta Fire Department crews responded to a home on the 2300 block of Walton Way around 11:40 a.m.

Crews were on scene for several hours, making sure the fire was completely out.

Battalion Chief Tommy Whitener says the fire actually started last night, and re-ignited this morning.

"Last night, they had a small fire up in the attic, and they came and put it out," Whitener says. "The electrician came back out this morning, and when he got up there working around, he noticed he had some more sparks up there, so another fire started, so we came back out this morning and had quite a bit of fire up in the attic."

Everyone inside the home made it out safely.

Whitener says the home suffered minor smoke damage as well as water damage from the fire hoses.

Deputies closed down a portion of Walton Way while crews battled the fire.

Powered by WorldNow