Fire crews located carbon monoxide leak in building water heater - WFXG FOX54 Augusta - Your News One Hour Earlier

15 OTR residents evacuated after carbon monoxide leak

Posted: Updated:
OVER THE RHINE, OH (FOX19) -

Over a dozen people were evacuated from their homes after a carbon monoxide leak was detected on Friday evening.

Emergency crews were called to an 8-unit apartment building in the 1300 block of Walnut Street just after 7 p.m. A woman called 911 after she was experiencing dizziness.

Firefighters at the scene found a carbon monoxide leak in the water heater of the building.

In total, 15 residents were evacuated.

City officials conducted an inspection before residents were allowed back inside.

Copyright 2013 WXIX. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow