Belchertown family displaced after Sunday house fire - WFXG FOX54 Augusta - Your News One Hour Earlier

Belchertown family displaced after Sunday house fire

Posted: Updated:
BELCHERTOWN, MA (WSHM) -

A family is homeless following an apparent chimney fire that got out of control at 621 Franklin St.

Crews got the call Sunday around 5:50 p.m.

Capt. John Workman of the Belchertown Fire Department told CBS 3 that the house suffered about $60,000 in damage.

He said it appears a fire in the chimney spread outside of it, due in part to it being an older house.

There were no injuries to the family that lives in the house or to the firefighters.

Workman said firefighters from Bondsville and Three Rivers assisted at the scene, while Amherst firefighters covered at the station.

Copyright 2013 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow