House fire in Harlem contained - WFXG FOX54 Augusta - Your News One Hour Earlier

House fire in Harlem contained

Posted: Updated:
HARLEM, GA (WFXG) -

A home in Harlem caught fire around 7:30 p.m. Sunday evening, but was quickly contained by Martinez fire crews.

It happened on the 1200 block of Grant St.

Firefighters tell Fox 54 the fire started in a back bedroom of the home, and was possibly electrical.

One woman was treated at the scene for minor smoke inhalation, but is expected to be ok.

No one else was hurt.

 

  • NEWSMore>>

  • Paine College back to football

    Paine College back to football

    Saturday, August 23 2014 12:02 AM EDT2014-08-23 04:02:25 GMT
    After 51 years, Paine College brought back their football program to join the rest of their athletic teams.More >>
    After 51 years, Paine College brought back their football program to join the rest of their athletic teams.More >>
  • Grovetown police chief resigns

    Grovetown police chief resigns

    Friday, August 22 2014 10:01 PM EDT2014-08-23 02:01:39 GMT
    Grovetown Director of Public Safety Gary Owens has resigned his post, effective Friday.The resignation comes after a two day suspension by Mayor George W. James III following the escape of two inmatesMore >>
    Grovetown Director of Public Safety Gary Owens has resigned his post, effective Friday.More >>
  • Roberson reflects on tenure as top educator in Richmond Co.

    Roberson reflects on tenure as top educator in Richmond Co.

    Friday, August 22 2014 9:17 PM EDT2014-08-23 01:17:45 GMT
    The cards and sentiments were flowing in as Richmond County students and staff said goodbye to their leader. "That's humbling," said Dr. Frank Roberson. "Both humbling, and encouraging." But the timesMore >>
    The cards and sentiments were flowing in as Richmond County students and staff said goodbye to their leader.More >>
Powered by WorldNow