Scottsdale hazmat crews were called to the same condominium in less than a week to respond to potentially fatal situations.
A city fire department official said about 15 firefighters and Scottsdale police officers went to a home near 70th Street and Shea Boulevard about 5 a.m. after a girl left the family car running in the garage overnight, filling the condo with carbon monoxide fumes.
Crews had to ventilate the structure and monitored adjacent units, the official said. No evacuations were necessary, but the daughter and her mother were treated for exposure to the colorless and odorless gas before being taken to a nearby hospital.
Two days prior, a hazmat crew was needed after the daughter left a stove on all night, the official said.
No other information was immediately available.
Stay with cbs5az.com and CBS 5 News as this story develops.
Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.
Friday, August 29 2014 4:33 PM EDT2014-08-29 20:33:42 GMT
South Carolina Highway Patrol is investigating a fatal wreck on Gun Range Road, between Wire Road and Highway 1.Troopers responded just after 1 p.m, according to the SCHP database.Additional details areMore >>
The Aiken Co. Coroner's Office confirmed Willis L. Purvis, 55, was returning home on his Suzuki motorcycle when he lost control of it, and was ejected. More >>
Friday, August 29 2014 4:06 PM EDT2014-08-29 20:06:26 GMT
The Red Cross of Augusta is offering safety tips for this Labor Day weekend. Experts say if you're packing up and heading out of town, bring even the things you think you won't need just in case. "MakeMore >>
The Red Cross of Augusta is offering safety tips for this Labor Day weekend.More >>