Clearwater family burned out of home - WFXG FOX54 Augusta - Your News One Hour Earlier

Clearwater family burned out of home

Posted: Updated:

A charred football, and a child's tricycle; they are the only material things left, after the McClary Family's Clearwater home went up in flames.

"I put some clothes in the dryer," explained homeowner Quinton McClary. "Immediately I noticed the smoke and opened it up. Fire was already engulfing the dryer. I told my wife to call 911."

Quinton and his wife scurried into the cold in the middle of the night, grabbing only their three children. The typical quietness of Diamond Street shattered by this Christmas season calamity.

"It was absolutely cold," said McClary. "The good part was, everybody is safe."

The community is already stepping up to assist the McClary family.

"Everybody that's played a role in this situation, we really do appreciate and thank you for your gifts of generosity," said McClary.

The family is in desperate need of clothing:

  • 2-year-old boy: 24 months, shoe size: 6 or 7
  • 6-year-old girl: 8 slim, shoe size: 13
  • 8-year-old boy: 10, shoe size: 2 1/2
  • Mother: 2X top / 3X bottom, shoe size: 10 1/2
  • Father: XL shirt, shoe size: 10 1/2
Powered by WorldNow