90-year-old woman finishes bucket list with skydiving - WFXG FOX 54 - News Now

90-year-old woman finishes bucket list with skydiving

LEXINGTON, MO (KCTV) -

Skydiving always seemed like something Rosebud Gard wanted to try.

"I hope I got all the instructions right. I was worried - I didn't bring my hearing aid," Gard said.

For the past 20 years or so, Gard has been crossing things off her bucket list.

"I wanted to go on a hot air balloon. I got to do that on my 70th birthday. I wanted to go on a cruise. I wanted to parasail, I did that in 1995," she said before skydiving Saturday morning. "I'm really excited, I'm not scared a bit, haven't got sense enough I guess."

Saturday, Gard at 90 years young, finally got to the end of her list - she jumped out of an airplane.

"This is my last bucket list. I got to do everything else. That's what I wanted to do on my 90th birthday," she said.

As friends and family watched from the safety of the ground, they knew she was finally living her dream.

"We're so thrilled for her. We're excited, we're happy…and she's down," Hazel Brown said.

But just because Gard's done with her list doesn't mean she'll stop looking for adventure.

"You know when we were kids in school, as they asked you what you wanted to come back as, I wanted to come back as a bird," she said shortly after landing.

Copyright 2012 KCTV (Meredith Corp.) All rights reserved.

Top Stories

sidebar: skydiving grandma

Updated:

PHOTOS More>>

'Incredibles 2' crushes animation record with $180 million

Sunday, June 17 2018 11:29 AM EDT2018-06-17 15:29:36 GMT
    Monday, June 18 2018 5:30 AM EDT2018-06-18 09:30:50 GMT
    (Disney/Pixar via AP). This image released by Disney Pixar shows a scene from "Incredibles 2," in theaters on June 15.(Disney/Pixar via AP). This image released by Disney Pixar shows a scene from "Incredibles 2," in theaters on June 15.

Disney and Pixar's "Incredibles 2" has broken the record for the best animated opening of all time and the biggest for a PG-rated film.

AMC Networks: Hardwick's talk show on hold amid allegations

Saturday, June 16 2018 5:39 PM EDT2018-06-16 21:39:06 GMT
    Monday, June 18 2018 5:30 AM EDT2018-06-18 09:30:47 GMT
    AMC said it takes seriously what it calls "troubling" allegations by Hardwick’s former girlfriend, Chloe Dykstra. (Source: Photo by Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP)AMC said it takes seriously what it calls "troubling" allegations by Hardwick’s former girlfriend, Chloe Dykstra. (Source: Photo by Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP)

AMC Networks says that Chris Hardwick's talk show is on hold and he has withdrawn as moderator of AMC and BBC America's Comic-Con panels.

China hikes tariffs on US soybeans, electric cars, fish

Friday, June 15 2018 6:18 AM EDT2018-06-15 10:18:13 GMT
    Monday, June 18 2018 5:30 AM EDT2018-06-18 09:30:38 GMT
    China is raising import duties on a $34 billion list of American goods. (Source: CNN/Pool)China is raising import duties on a $34 billion list of American goods. (Source: CNN/Pool)

China fired back Saturday in a spiraling trade dispute with President Donald Trump by raising import duties on a $34 billion list of American goods including soybeans, electric cars and whiskey.